Thursday, July 3, 2014

Glorious Gardening

       These pictures were taken a few weeks ago but I still wanted to share them with you. I know that not many people would say they enjoy weeding the garden. I have seen many posts of Facebook of people lamenting about all the weeds in their garden and feeling defeated by the task ahead of them. I have to say that I have been in their shoes. After many years of gardening and trying many different ways I have to say that I have found a method that has helped my win the battle with weeds and brings joy into gardening.
       As I told you in an earlier post I use a plastic tarp on my garden to keep the weeds under control. The day I took this picture the kids and I spent about half an hour and all the weeds were pulled in the garden. The kids found to job fun and after we were finished we picked some of our first produce, delicious crisp radishes. As of today we have gotten radishes, lettuce, rhubarb, and asparagus. The yellow summer squash, zucchini, and green beans look like they will be ready any time. Fresh produce from the garden is the best. The plants are all thriving and enjoying all the moisture this spring has been providing. Right now I am enjoying all the fresh produce in a few months the hard work of canning will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment